The Education, High School, and Executive Fellowships last for 2 weeks, beginning June 19th and ending on July 3rd. Education Fellowships are for faculty and staff at HSIs. Executive Fellowships are for Presidentís, Vice Presidents, Chancellors, or other Senior Administrators at HSIs. High School Fellowships are for Secondary Education Superintendents, Principals, Agricultural and/or District Level Teachers.
The Science Fellowship lasts for 3 weeks beginning June 19th and ending July 10th. The program consists of one week in Washington, DC and two weeks at a USDA research location. Science Fellowships are for faculty researchers and science research educators at HSIs.
Your application package consists of the following items, which should be submitted as email attachments, and all of which much be received by the application deadline of January 30th, 2013, for your application to be considered complete:
1. Completed Application Form (PDF) Ė Hand written applications will not be accepted, please complete electronically.
2. A 500-800 word statement describing your interest in the USDA and how you envision the fellowship will impact you, your institutionís program, and your work with your institution and its community. Finally describe how you plan to share information acquired during your fellowship with colleagues, students and other interested individuals. (Word or PDF format)
3. 3-4 Page Resume (Word or PDF format)
4. Signed Application Certification Form (PDF)
5. Letter of Reference from someone capable of detailing your work and how this fellowship would stand to benefit you and the institution. This should be submitted directly by your reference. It is your responsibility to notify the designated individual of the need to supply this reference and to ensure that they do so before the applicationís deadline.
6. Statement of Institutional Support from your institutionís President or designated representative. This letter should briefly establish that the institution supports your participation in this fellowship and, if applicable, intends to continue full salary and benefits, which would typically be provided during the fellowship period. This should be submitted directly by the individual designated to supply it. It is your responsibility to notify the designated individual of the need to supply this statement and to ensure that they do so before the applicationís deadline.